Start a chapter.
Get a free licence to start an Orbit chapter in your city and support thirty Orbiteers to launch their own businesses.
Get paid for doing meaningful work that you'll love.
If you’re as passionate about supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs as we are, you’ve come to the right place. In 2019, Orbit began giving free licenses and training to entrepreneurs looking to start their own chapters using our proven methodology.
Orbit is the world’s largest (and possibly the first) business incubator for school students aged between 16 and 19 years of age. What began as a small non-profit social enterprise in Glasgow, Scotland, has since grown into a worldwide network of business incubators.
Becoming a chapter manager offers the opportunity to join an international network, set your own working hours and get paid for doing work that makes a real difference to the lives of young people in your area.
Part time. Flexible working. Managed from your account on Orbit’s chapter manager portal.
After your application to start a chapter is accepted you’ll be sent a package containing all of Orbit’s training and marketing materials and you’ll be given access to Orbit’s chapter manager portal.
Chapter managers are responsible for securing a venue to host our chapter sessions, building and overseeing a team of mentors, fostering relationships with local schools and delivering eight workshops.
Running an Orbit chapter will only take four hours of your time per month and is an excellent way to supplement your income whilst making a difference in the process.
Easy setup. Simple management.
The chapter manager portal on Orbit’s website allows you to manage your chapter from your phone. Access the application database, update your chapter’s profile, contact your participants, download materials and see reports on your chapter’s performance.
Who are we looking for?
Chapter managers come from all walks of life. Successful chapter managers have vibrant personalities, excellent organisation skills and the ability to deliver captivating presentations and speeches.
The ideal chapter manager meets the following criteria:
Chapter managers are paid a lump sum of £1,000 GBP for running the Orbit programme successfully.
Managing a chapter will take four hours of your time per month (from April to December) and you can choose your own working hours.
Receive online chapter manager training and manage your chapter from Orbit’s online dashboard.
Feeling inspired yet?
Unleash the untapped potential in your city by starting an Orbit chapter. Becoming a chapter manager is one of the most fulfilling experiences you’ll have in your personal and professional career. Start the latest chapter in our global network and we’ll guide you step by step through the process of making it a great success.
Apply to manage a chapter in your region.
- Apply to either start a chapter through Orbit’s website.
- Schedule a conference call with one of our representatives. You’ll be asked some questions and will be required to provide identification.
- Receive your two hour induction and programme management training. We’ll provide you with all the materials you need and access to the chapter manager portal.
- Begin running your own chapter by following the step-by-step guides we have provided. Our team will keep in regular contact with you and will be available to handle any problems you encounter when running your chapter.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Your chapter should be located in a city with a population of over 200,000 people.
- Your chapter should have 50 secondary schools and colleges within two hours (travelling time) of the city center.
- Your choice of location mustn’t already have an Orbit chapter in operation.
- You cannot have a criminal conviction or be disqualified from working with young people.
- The programme manager should have experience in starting a business or working within a leadership position.
- The programme manager should have a genuine interest in seeing young people succeed.
- The programme manager should have connections to other business experts or entrepreneurs that could be interested in joining the mentoring team.
Our chapter managers are classed as self-employed and do not require a contract of employment with Orbit. You’ll be given a licence to run the incubator programme and will be guaranteed a payment of £1,000 GBP so long as you manage your chapter properly.
Chapter managers work on a part-time basis and the tasks involved in running a chapter can be managed around your existing schedule. On average, chapter managers can expect to work for four hours per month from April to December each year.
Our programmes are not in operation from January to April each year.