Become a business mentor.
We're looking for entrepreneurs and business professionals to join our mentoring teams. Help us support the entrepreneurs of tomorrow by applying to mentor our Orbiteers in your area.
Pass the baton to the entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
Business is tough. However with ambition, tenacity and the right advice the chances of success are drastically improved. Entrepreneurs are the lifeblood of our economies, and our teams of business mentors form the beating heart of our incubators.
If you’re an entrepreneur, a specialist or an all-round business maverick we want to speak with you. Each of our chapters has a team of ten business mentors that advise, support and inspire the Orbiteers we work with.
Entrepreneurs are responsible for pushing the human race forward through their creativity, drive and tenacity. Sign up to become a business mentor and help us pass the baton to the entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
Dedicate nine evenings of your year to Orbit and you’ll be making a lasting difference to the lives of our Orbiteers.
You’ll be sharing your advice and connections; offering support and counsel; and ensuring that our Orbiteers enter the business world bursting with enthusiasm and determination.
As a mentor, you’ll be allocated four Orbiteers to work with. Mentors are required to attend nine chapter sessions between September and December; all of which take place from 6pm to 8:30pm.
Who are we looking for?
Enthusiasm. Experience. Networks. Personality. And most importantly; passion.
We’re looking for entrepreneurs and business professionals that are as passionate as we are about supporting the entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
Our mentoring teams are formed from a diverse melting pot of ages, backgrounds, education levels and industry sectors and we believe that having a diverse mentoring team is one of the main contributors to Orbit’s success.
The average mentor has:
Feel the rejuvenation, inspiration and motivation that come after attending Orbit’s chapter sessions.
Access and build networks with Orbit’s global team of business mentors and supporters.
Access eight workshops and hundreds of online courses through Orbit’s platform – completely free of charge.
Feeling inspired yet?
Someone, somewhere, in one of our incubators, is waiting for their chance to introduce a groundbreaking product or service to the world. It’s thanks to the support of our business mentors that these ideas are given room to flourish.
From Henry Ford to Steve Jobs, each generation of entrepreneurs has made their contribution to the advancement of humanity before passing the baton to the next generation. Become a mentor and help us pass the baton to budding entrepreneurs in your area.
The recruitment and selection process for our mentoring team is as follows:
- Apply to Orbit through our website. Click here to get started.
- The chapter manager in your area will invite you for a twenty minute interview. This can be conducted in person or over the phone.
- If accepted to the mentoring team, you’ll be given access to our online courses and you’ll participate in a two hour mentor training session.
- You’ll attend eight chapter sessions (from September to December) and will be allocated a group of four Orbiteers to work with.
Orbit’s incubator programme takes place between September and December every year.
Thirty students from schools and colleges around each city we operate in join us for our evening chapter sessions every two weeks. Each session contains workshops, skill building exercises, guest speakers, and one-to-one mentoring sessions.
As a mentor, you’ll meet with your Orbiteers individually during each chapter session.
Please apply to become a mentor before the 20th August 2020.
We are looking for mentors that meet the following criteria:
- Have at least five years of industry experience. Your experience can be broad and does not have to be sector specific.
- We prefer mentors that have experience in starting and running a business however this is not a requirement.
- The applicant must not hold a criminal conviction or be disqualified from working with young people.
- We prefer applicants that have experience in a leadership or management positions however this is not a requirement.